Acton Learning Design
We believe each child who enters Acton Academy will find a calling that changes the world. Our Eagles are independent learners who find great joy in learning, in a tight knit community that upholds the highest standards of excellence.
At Acton Academy, your child will:
1. Begin a Hero's Journey.
2. Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner.
3. Develop a deep respect for economic, political, and religious freedoms.
4. Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world, and the mysteries of life.
5. Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.
What Makes Acton Different?
Learning to Learn
Socratic Discussions and self paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
Learning to Do
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
Learning to Be
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.
- Rows of desks with a lecturing teacher
- Report cards used to measure progress and success
- Memorization and constant test taking
- Industrial factory setting with constant shuffling
- Socratic discussions to enhance critical thinking skills
- Guides, not teachers
- No rows of desks
- Collaborative work environment
- Personalized goals
- Self-paced education
- Hands-on learning through Quests